1. A Sandy Beach

A peaceful bay?
The water is blood-red and the sandy bottom seems to boil just below its surface.
At one end, the bay fades into a jungle.
At the other it is flanked by a rocky height which borders the Lava Molt's volcano.
Forum rules
Remember that there is value in keeping certain aspects of the DP secret from players or potential media consumers.

Remember to follow the in-character nature of the forum.

Re: 1. A Sandy Beach

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 am

Nor Dingkunder wrote:Nor sniffs the air as wanders the area, when suddenly Nor smells what Nor covets: shinys! Nor gravity shifts and jumps, propelling Nor toward the area of the rift and landing firmly on Thrash's shoulder.
"Hey, big thing thing, Nor smell shiny!"
Nor sees the diamond egg and gravity shifts in front of the egg in an attempt to rip it out of the portal and makes Nor center pull of local gravity so it would come to him.

Nor is "helping" round up the egg as well. Submit a roll!
If you roll high you will be successful.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Postby Nor Dingkundar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 am

Nor concentrates on his gravity pull.... *after a**i the lady in a manner he hopes correct*
Nor Dingkundar

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Gravity 2, Wormhole 1
Motto: Oooh what's this gonna do?
Summary or Blurb: Give shinys!

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:14 am

AIiCE! Come give me a hand. If you catch the diamond I guess you get to keep it!
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Ptah » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am

Diamond Master wrote:You feel a slight resistance and sparkle of magic, but make no new progress.

Hmph. I try to ascertain if the strange red water will hurt me if I touch it. If it seems okay, I'll try poking my finger into the water. IFF nothing I try implies that the water might do damage, I rock back and forth, hold my breath, and capsize my boat.

The water appears more eerie than harmful, suggesting the oiliness of fresh blood.

Capsizing the boat causes no answering spark of magic, nor does it allow you to make more progress.
Your dive beneath the surface shows you a whole ecosystem beneath the waves, however, so perhaps diving in the Bay proper could yield more avenues for exploration.

Note:
Spoiler: show
As a deity you are permitted to be in two places at once, so if anyone is stuck on a challenge, they are free to investigate another challenge, up to the limit of 3 per week.
Ptah

Domains: Time 2
Motto: All ages end.

Postby AIiCE » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 am

"Alright". I also manipulate the gravity around the egg. Hopefully having two deities doing this won't cause anything to blow up.
AIiCE

Domains: Electronics 1, Speed 1
Artifacts: The Metaphysical Key, the HELRIDE system

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks AIiCE. I assume the roll will be counted when 4 people help or when the 8 days are up?
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Diamond Master » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:24 am

Great Thrash wrote:Thanks AIiCE. I assume the roll will be counted when 4 people help or when the 8 days are up?

Correct.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Ptah » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 am

Diamond Master wrote:Capsizing the boat causes no answering spark of magic, nor does it allow you to make more progress.
Your dive beneath the surface shows you a whole ecosystem beneath the waves, however, so perhaps diving in the Bay proper could yield more avenues for exploration.]

Nah, I think I'll try for the jungle. I try rowing the boat upside down and backwards, both through the straightaway and the side passages. If that yields no results, I'll right my boat and try rowing backwards again - this time through the side passages.
Ptah

Postby Diamond Master » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 am

When you back water, you suddenly find yourself approaching the jungle at high speed.

You also come crashing against a floating raft. Investigating, you realize it has a diamond egg in it, wrapped in frosty threads. You acquire the egg.
At any time, you may choose to hatch this egg. You may also leave it in the egg. The egg has been added to your profile.

Puzzle resets. If someone chooses to revisit this puzzle, they will find it changed enough to try again. The next winner will receive a mini-egg.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Ptah » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 am

Well by all means I'll hatch it! I also continue to the jungle.
Ptah

PreviousNext

Return to 2. The Bay of Scarabs